Tuesday, November 18, 2014

October 4, 2014



Hey!

Well, I'm really excited for conference today, I can't believe this is my THIRD general conference as a missionary!!  Only one more after this!  I can't believe it.  I love general conference as a missionary, I feel that I am just so much more prepared to hear the words of the prophets and appreciate them so much more because I spend all day teaching people who don't have the truths of the gospel or the knowledge of modern prophets.  Giving them that knowledge and explaining how important and incredible it is that the Lord has called prophets and apostles in our day makes me appreciate it even more!

In Brazil the tradition is that everyone goes to the stake center to watch conference together, which I think is cool, so we are going to be there for all of the normal sessions.  But tonight president has invited us over to his house to eat dinner and watch the priesthood session with him!  That is going to be fun!

I don't think I ever told you guys about the mission baptismal goal.  President established the goal of 410 baptisms in the mission from September to the end of the year divided into goal of 75, 100, 110, and 125 per month.  It's a pretty ambitious goal, but for September we got it!  The mission baptized exactly 75 people!  It was really exciting and a great example to me of how the Lord helps us when we set goals and really work to achieve them with his help.

Some really good things are happening in our area.  We are finding a lot of new investigators with really good baptismal potential, and I am really excited for October, I really think we will have some great experiences with these people!

To update you guys of Wanderley, he's still in the hospital and it looks like he's going to be there for a good while.  He's also going to have to do a lot of physical therapy to get back to functioning normally.  It's horrible to see him like this, especially knowing that it is because he quit smoking and drinking coffee that he is in the hospital.   But I have faith he will come out of it stronger and will be blessed for his faithfulness, but if you could keep him in your prayers it would be fantastic.  

Yesterday we had a really cool experience with Adailson!  He brought a friend to our appointment and had us teach him!  It was so cool to see Adailson so excited about sharing the gospel, he was so excited and happy to share what he knew that he was basically jumping all over the place, talking about the sacrament, celestial kingdom, word of wisdom, just trying to throw everything at his friend at the same time!  I really love Adailson.  This guy can barely read, but his knowledge of the gospel and faith are growing at an incredible rate and he truly has received the Holy Ghost!

This week we had mission leadership council, with all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders.  Those are always really cool, and this one was my personal favorite!  A huge chunk of it was just president teaching!  I really love President Broadbent, he is an incredible example to me and I am really glad for the chance to be in the office, so much closer to him than is otherwise possible.  I love being in the office but sometimes during meetings like these when he is training the leaders I get excited for when I can be in the field full-time and apply everything I have learned from president on a larger scale!

I love you!  Thanks so much for helping, supporting, and putting up with me for long enough to get me out on my mission!  It is literally the best!  And thanks for all the continued support and prayers!

oh, and here are some photos from the past little while!



No comments:

Post a Comment