Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hey!

I uploaded some photos of my area to dropbox!

This week was pretty crazy.  It started out awesome, I had my first baptismal interview!  I interviewed a 9 year old kid named Mateus.  For being so young it was really challenging...but we were able to sort it out and he was baptized on Friday!

That's when it got weird. I don't know what it was but that Friday just was not my day.  We went to the baptismal meeting and I was standing in the back of the room and didn't hear very well the program that was announced. So, another Elder turns to me and asks, "Are you going to say the opening prayer?"  I said, "I don't think so, nobody told me I would."  Then he said "No,no, but the guy said that Elder Johnson would say the prayer,"  I didn't think anything of it, and after the hymn I went and said the prayer...  it turns out, I wasn't supposed to say the prayer...  It was probably the most embarrassing thing ever...

We had Stake Conference this week, which was sweet.  It was a broadcast from Salt Lake, with 2 apostles, the area presidency, and the second counselor in the Relief Society speaking!  I've never seen a Stake Conference like that before, but I guess it happens pretty often here.  They broadcasted to like 100 stakes here in Brazil.  It was cool because Elder Scott speaks Portuguese and gave his talk without a translator!

I like to play the hymn, "If you could hie to Kolob", and I recently have found a love for How Firm a Foundation. I think the verses of that one that aren't written with the music are beautiful, especially the last one.  I have learned I basically like any hymn that has extra verses written after the ones in the music! haha!

Our investigators have kinda crapped out this week, it was really disappointing.  Maria Fatima (who has gone to church for like 2 months, and was almost baptized like 4 times) didn't understand that being baptized would mean she would be a member of the church, and she told us that she wants to die Catholic...  That was pretty rough, but we haven't given up. I still think she'll be baptized someday.  I'm learning that "the trials are the blessings"!

Today is transfers, but we still haven't gotten the call yet, I'll let you guys know what happens!

Love you!


Hey, so my time is up, I'll answer your questions next week, but I just had to send an email to say,
I got transferred, I'm going to be a secretary of the mission!!!
whooooo!





No comments:

Post a Comment